February 18, 2013

Lent 2013 :: Day 6 ~ Virginia Vino

Happy Monday, Sweets!!

Today was such a beautiful day!!

Being my last day in D.C. and spending it with my Kristie B., we had an absolutely lovely time. Quality best friend time for sure!!

Our day was full of family, friends, shopping and vino!! We started our day with a trip out to Leesburg, where BonBon {Kristie B.'s mom} lives. After catching up with Grammie and BonBon, Boodie and I headed to the Leesburg Outlets. Oh my goodness, it was aaamazing!! I found a little black dress for my sweet B-Bride's upcoming nuptials...WooHoo!!

Then we scooped up Grammie and BonBon and zoomed on out to the Virginia Wine Country. One word ~ Breathtaking!! After vacaying in Sonoma for The Hubbs and my honeymoon, my appreciation for the art of winemaking is greater every time I am able to experience it.

Our first stop was The Barns at Hamilton ~ 102 year old barn that has been refurbished into a wine tasting bar and lounge. Then we made a final stop at Sunset Hills Vineyards ~ the best vineyard with the best sunsets. There i experienced my first Viognier, which is now my favorite wine {hmmm.. Wonder if I will be able to snatch that up in LR?!} After our tasting, we enjoyed a bottle of bubbly on the back porch overlooking the sunset.

To wrap up the day, BonBon made a delish homemade lasagna, and we shared stories that made us laugh till we cried.

I was so thankful for today. It's not everyday you get to hang out with your best boo, The BonBon and of course Grammie!! Today's fun made me once again realize how blessed I am to be surrounded by wonderful people day in and day out.

Have a lovely night, Sweets!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment