March 1, 2013

Lent 2013 :: Day 17 ~ Perfect Peace

My morning routine includes singing Rue Girl her morning song {yes, I have made up her very own morning song and I sing it e-v-e-r-y morning}, my glass of lemon water and reading my daily devotional, Jesus Calling (JC).

For the past year and half, I have been reading JC and have blogged about my JC devotionals in the past. My daily readings continue to remind me that God never ceases to amaze me with His words. Each devotional fills my heart and mind with comfort and care that God is in control and there isn't anything I can do today, tomorrow or forever; He is in control. He has already planned out my walk with Him. He will guide me as long as I lean on Him ~ in good times and times of need.

My devotional today {March 1} reminded me of God's Perfect Peace. At times we all feel a little weighed down with life's worries. When we start to worry, we begin to lose sight of God and His plan for each of us. Thank goodness I had today's devotion because I needed Him to remind me to stop worrying, start praying and in time God will guide the way.

The Hubbs and I have a favorite quote that we constantly remind each other of when one of us starts to be impatient with God's Plan...

"God doesn't give you patience; He gives you the opportunity to be patient."

I hope my daily devotional today helps you now or later, but ultimately reminds you to stop worrying, start praying and in time God will guide the way.

*You can purchase JC at any bookstore or download Jesus Calling onto your iPad.*

No comments:

Post a Comment