March 3, 2013

Lent 2013 :: Day 19 ~ Cookied

It's that time again, Sweets!!

The Girl Scouts are out and in full action using their sweet smiles and high pitched voices selling the heck out of cookies!!

This afternoon during a break from all of The Hubbs and my DIY-ing, I hopped on over to Kroger and got some hamburger makins'. On my way in through the sliding doors, two little Girl Scouts and their supportive mommas were fighting the wind and cold trying to sell as many boxes of those tempting little treats as they could.

It made my heart smile and brought me back to my days as a Girl Scout. I knew that I didn't have cash, but thought for a hot minute that maybe with technological advances, the Girl Scouts now take credit or debit. Well, they don't. Shocker!! So when I was checking out I got cash back and made a pit stop at their alphabetically organized cookie table.

With a smile, I requested 1 box of Thin Mints, which is a Bernie Family Tradition and my sweet-tooth Daddy-O's, Clarkie's, ultimate weakness...haha!! While the two little Girl Scouts were marking off another box sold and giving me my change, I let them know that once way back when I was a little girl I was a Girl Scout, too!! I made sure to add "But that was when I was young and now I am super old!!"

Well those little Girl Scouts sure know how to play the game because the alpha Girl Scout sweetly replied "Really? That's so cool!! But you are not old at all!!"

Honestly I was flattered. I suddenly had an urge to buy like 5 more boxes, probably a mix of Samoas & Thin Mints, but snapped back to reality and figured it was all apart of their scheme. Truth be told, if I had those lines and selling skills, I probably would have sold way more boxes of cookies!!

Make sure to support your local Girl Scouts, Sweets!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment