March 5, 2013

Lent 2013 :: Day 21 ~ Meetings & Margaritas

With the launching of my new website for Sweet Home South {Coming Soon!!}, I will be premiering my love for wedding planning!! Wedding What~Nots is apart of my Sweet Home South trifecta.

With one wedding ceremony {Thanks B!!} under my belt, I have the privilege of working from beginning to end for the entire wedding planning process with one of the sweetest brides, Cat, and her dear of a mother, Mrs. Liz. Both of these fine ladies are family to my Bestie SaySay!! So thanks to SaySay for trusting my passion for weddings and referring me to her sister Cat to guide her and sweet Mrs. Liz through the wedding planning and execution process!!

Just take a sneak peak y'all of Cat and her Soon-To-Be hubby, Thomas!! One word ~ GORGEOUS!! I just love Love, y'all!!

To kick-off Cat's wedding planning, I am hosting the girls at my Sweet Home South for Chicken Tortilla Soup and Margs!! What more could a girl ask for?! Mexican and Margaritas!! Seconds please!!

Of course I reached out to my Bestie KK and got her delish recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup {See Below}. As for the Margs, my go-to is Nana's No-Fail Margarita Recipe!! If you have had the privilege of sippin' on Nana's margaritas, you know they are quite special!! But sorry Sweets, this recipe is top secret!!

From KK's Kitchen

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Whatcha Need:

1 can black beans, drained

1 can corn, drained

1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes with chili peppers

1 package enchilada sauce mix

1 ½ cup water

1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce

1 can cream of chicken soup

2 cups milk

3-4 boneless chicken breast

Whatcha Do:

~ In crock pot, mix the enchilada packet with the water and tomato sauce.

~ Add cream of chicken soup and milk and whisk together until smooth.

~ Add uncooked chicken & Pour drained black beans, drained corn, and diced tomatoes.

~ Cook on low for 6-8 hour.

~ Before serving, take out chicken and shred or dice, then put back and stir it all together.

~ Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese & tortilla chips

*Optional- you can also serve with lime and or avocado if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment