April 20, 2012

reality check

our big move is quickly becoming reality. our apartment in chicago will soon be rented, our moving arrangements are set in stone and our temporary home is ready for us in little rock!! amazing how life happens when you put your faith in God's working hands and your patience is steadfast.

but that is not why this post is titled reality check.. i have so many emotions towards my departure from this windy city. i love chicago for so many reasons. it was my goal to move to a big city and be independent. check. i invested my time and love into so many dear friendships. check. my perspective on the way to live my life changed by living in a different culture, but still staying true to my values. check. i grew to appreciate where i came from and my family and friends back south. check. most importantly, i fell in love and married the man of my dreams and best friend. done and done. this lovely city holds such a special place in my heart. except for one thing.. the weather..

yes, the weather and i have a love-hate relationship. i love it in the heat of the summer, but i despise it because of the bone-chilling wind and unpredictable weather the other 9 months out of the year. it is one of those things in life that if you truly love a place, you will stay. well, i do truly love chicago, but y'all i sure cannot wait to pack my bags and holler at you later, old man weather!!

my reality check for today was my walk to the grocery store. when all others expect sweet spring weather in late april, i was faced with this crummy weather today..

do y'all see that?! 45, windy and rainy!! gross. then look at the 5-day outlook. high of 58 and low of unbearable 39. seriously?! yes, this is my life, but not for much longer!!

believe me when I say it y'all, I will NEVER miss this fickle side of chicago.. No Sir!!

No comments:

Post a Comment