April 15, 2012

bittersweet good-bye

yesterday was a monumental day in the morris house. after many back and forth talks with the hubbs, we decided the need for a car was no longer, to help save money with no insurance payments, street parking stress and $80 gas fill-ups at costco. with the decision made, which is always the hardest part, we took roxy the murano to carmax.

after checking her out and seeing how she rides, roxy the murano was bought on the spot. It was kind of crazy how easy and simple it was to sell my long-lasting companion of 8 years. even with her 102,241 miles, she still wowed everyone at what great condition and driving shape she had on those city-ridin' wheels.

it is kind of crazy how attached you get to a car over time. no lie, I did get a bit emotional. i thought back to how i worked so hard for a new car by making all a's throughout school. then going with clarkie and sherbear to pick out my prized possession. memories, memories!! oh so many memories!! there was the day i packed basically my life into the back of roxy girl and moved to chicago. then the road trips with friends, just driving to drive lakeshore with my mr. morris, the all-consuming commute to mickey d's, carrying little ones to school, and the list goes on. there was the brief year where Kimmie and I traded cars and I got good old fretta the jetta. I always longed for roxy's bells and whistles, except to fill up that dang gas tank!!

so of course before i turned over the keys, i asked to take a couple of last pictures with my sweet roxy girl..

when the hubbs and I got back to the city, we had a beer to cheers to roxy the murano and did a lot of city walking, which is what you do when you are sans car and live the city life!!

thank you roxy girl for every drive, every memory and even every hassle. you taught me a lot and were worth every penny spent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment