August 16, 2012

cookie care package

During our trip to Colorado for my cousin's wedding this past weekend, we also visited our Grandpa Bernie. With Grandpa being 92, his physical health is immaculate {note: he had everyday rituals along with healthy habits his whole life...literally the man has a full head of hair and NO wrinkles}, but his mental health is slowly drifting away. Even though it is sad to witness, we will always remember his eccentric sayings and hilarious humor.

Inside his room, he had a picture of The Hubbs and I pinned up on his bulletin board. It made me smile knowing that even though he may not remember us, he still is able to see people that love him.

Yesterday, I decided we would send Grandpa Bernie a Chocolate Chip Cookie Care package, along with a picture of us and a note that said...

We love you Grandpa! Enjoy the cookies! Be a good boy!

When I was in college and in the beginning of my Chicago life, I would send all of my grandparents {Nina and Grandma & Grandpa Bernie} little care packages with cookies and a card. It let them know that I was thinking of them. Now that Grandpa is my last grandparent alive, The Hubbs and I want to do as much as we can to let him know we are thinking of him.

I hope y'all let someone you love know that you are thinking of them today!! A simple phone call, email, text message or hand written note can truly turn someone's ordinary day into extraordinary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment