May 22, 2012

mini faye vacay

the hubbs and i drove to fayetteville for a lovely two-night stay!! we felt so spoiled because fayetteville is usually a treat for us to vacation to only on one, maybe two {if we are lucky), game weekends in the fall. now that we are soo close to faye, only about a 2 1/2 hour drive, we were able to go and help out my in-laws with the house. we did a much-needed cleaning around the house, and then we dilly-dallied around town.

this picture of razorback stadium got the hubbs and i geard up for football season!! only 102 days away!! war damn & woo pig y'all!!

of course, we made a stop at slim chickens sunday night, but my first must-have stop was monday morning for my guilty pleasure, a common grounds iced coffee. seriously y'all, this delicious drink is to-die-for!! honestly, I dream about their iced coffees. needless to say, I had to get one to-go before we left faye today..haha.. now, that's what you call an addiction!!

since we always have a set plan for game weekends, the hubbs showed me parts of the surrounding area that I have never seen. we drove up to beaver lake, which reminds me of camp bernie on my sweet lake martin. beaver lake was gorgeous!! it got us pumped for summer weekends at moon lake and camp bernie!!

last night we made our first stop on dickson street at hog haus. we enjoyed a couple cold fat boy blues on the outside patio. the weather was perfect for an outdoor seating at dinner so we headed to wasabi for sushi on the patio and people watching.

before we left today, we dined at hammontree's grilled cheese. one word.. YUM!! our sweet friends, drew & dawn, told us it was a must. their advice surely did not disappoint!! i got the brie's company. soo good!!

y'all know I love the lovely plains at my sweet alma mater, auburn, but faye is one-of-a-kind. it is just a little funky, southern hill town. it is always a good time when we get to go and say hey to faye. now that we are back in our sweet home south, we will be doing a lot more visiting to the hubbs old stomping grounds!!

till next time faye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment